Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Saturday, but my week is not over!

It's 4:30 am on a Saturday... crazy, right? I'm already awake and my hair is washed. I like having time for it to air dry before leaving the house. Well, I don't have to leave until around 7:15, but my internal alarm woke me before the normal alarm, in spite of it being Saturday.

And it's STILL stormy outside! It's been stormy almost all week, with wind blowing more or less strong.... it's strong now. It was strong enough to do some damage, like uproot trees, etc. So far my area was pretty much spared.

Today's schedule: drive from here to the town I work in (27 km), then get one of our business cars (a nice Audi A4) and drive 100 km north. I have to be there by around 09:00 am. I teach a class there all day.... 31 pilots have signed up. So wind or no wind, I have to drive there. After that I have a work-related speech to give at 4:45 pm (over 50 pilots) at a town which is another 38 km north of that. Then, when that's over (around 6:15), drive the 138 km back to where I drop the car off. Day over? Nope! On the way home I take a detour a detour to a village located between there and home to attend an Irish music concert with a girl friend. If lucky, I'll arrive there on time (8 pm). 

Tomorrow I'm staying home!!

This whole week has been crazy. It started last Sunday when I attended a reading of a book, a crime book I had happened to just finish reading which takes place in the city I work in, by it's author. Yes, he even signed my book! Then off to visit my dinner where I joined her family for dinner.

Monday: Go to work, leave at 1 pm as usual Mondays because my eyes burned. Originally I had intended to stay later so that I could go from work direct to my son to babysit his kids. As it was, I drove the 27 km east to my place, took a nap, then drove the 38 km west to his place. Watched the kids until 11 pm, got home at midnight. Originally they had wanted me to stay later and spend the night, which would have meant leaving the cat unattended until late Tuesday night. Oh, she would have survived that, but I do prefer sleeping in my own bed.

After work Tuesday, driving 50 km south to give 4 English exams (all 4 passed).

Wednesday night: dance class.

Thursday night dance class.

Wow, Friday I had nothing scheduled after work! Well, I did check my presentations to make sure they are ok and packed my stuff so I don't forget anything today.

See why I can't work on a new journalspace site? 

Anyway, if I haven't been visiting your journals, now you know why. It's now 6:00 am and I have to start thinking about what I plan to wear.... with that wind I shall refrain from wearing a mini-skirt!   



  1. I can understand how you have not even one moment to scratch yourself. I am thrilled you have at least tomorrow doing nothing. !!!

  2. Sounds like a full week- Hope yo enjoy the concert tonight.

  3. Wow! That is a busy week. Stay safe in the storms. You asked me to remind you about the text in my blog. ONLY is you have time, all I need is the title agreen color and the entries a darker pink. If you think the green will look better as the entries, then I would suggest titles in the same color as the word comments is in. My comments are also light pink. I just want it to be easier to ready. Lori told me what to do to fix the comment problems. Linda

  4. I made it home safe... at 11:00 pm! The concert was good, but I had to keep rubbing my eyes! lol

    No time to read anyone, it's off to dreamland I go!

  5. Sounds like a good life. Too busy to get into trouble.

  6. I am glad to read that you are busy. You seem to do much better when you have deadlines and obligations. I would work with you in a heart beat and NEVER bother you or check behind. I would just get the hell out of your way!!!


  7. Haha, no mini skirts allowed in winds like that !!!
    Looks like I'm late for this post. Hope you had a nice time art the concert.

    You drove an Audi ????? Ohhhh that's awesome ! We do need a picture of you and the Audi ! Hugs, Sunny