Yesterday was a yucky day. My kitty has been having eye trouble for the past weeks and I've been having to take her to the vet. On Tuesday the vet didn't like the looks of it, but just said to continue watching it, apply the medicine, and bring her in if it gets worse. Yesterday I came home from work and it looked BAD! I called the vet to see if I could bring her in, since they are normally closed on Wednesday. Yes, I could bring her. The vet, a different one this time, didn't like what she saw at all! She gave Shila eye drops, a shot, weighed her, and called a special animal eye clinic. Talked to the doc there and it was decided I didn't have to drive there, that my vet did everything so far possible and that for a 16 yr. old cat, the other clinic would probably not be worth the trouble and cost (about € 700!). Since blood work still had to be done, etc., we decided to leave Shila at the vet.
So everyone, wish my kitty luck....
Edit: Friday.... we decided to have her eye removed yesterday (her left one).... she's too old to try any experiments that may or may not be affective at her age. I will pick her up in an hour. *sigh*