Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ooops ... my blog is now famous, or not?

I just checked the link to the CNN site for up-dates on the cave-in of the Cologne archive building. I went to the bottom and noticed a link to "blogs" and clicked on it..... and the first and only blog to show up was MINE!

Now, I don't know if it's showing up here because I linked it to the article, but it's still "scary" LOL

So, hello to everyone who finds their way to my world via the link!

In the meantime, they are still looking for people who may be trapped under the rubble, including people in a car that was driving along the road which passes by there. It is normally a busy street, and last week the carnival parade went along it! Can you imagine the desaster if it had crashed during the parade? A horrible thought.....

Rain is expected today so they are going to cover up the rubble in the hope of saving some of the precious documents... handwritten original documents! But the rubble is very unstable. They expect parts of the neighboring buildings which are still standing to perhaps still cave in. What a mess! You can keep updated by following the above link.

Well, I'm off to work now. I have a business trip today, then dance classes. See ya all later!

Dorrie

20 comments:

  1. I always knew you would be famous!! First the writer for the JS article, and now CNN! Awesome!


    I do hope there is some hope of them getting the documents back and that there is nobody hurt. Very sad and scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, possible new readers! heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting to find out what caused the collapse in the first place, but in the meantime getting all the documents rescued from the elements has to be the first concern after human safety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got that famous look about you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that rescuers still find people alive in the rubble. How terrible. I can brag to all of my friends that I have a friend who is a famous blogger. Have ou heard about your mom? Im leaving on Friday, March 6th for DC. Vacation cannot come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the cave in.
    You wouldn't believe the weather here lately. Or maybe you would.

    That building collapse thing is doubly sad because it sounds as if it may have been avoidable had all factors been scrutinized a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How does my hair look? *slicking it down*

    ReplyDelete
  9. yikes thats not good (I have been news free for 3 days now)trying to fill my head with puppies and kittens instead

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had not heard about the cave in- I do pray they will find those missing and that they'll be ok.

    Hope you have a great day *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been famous around the world of JS's for a long time and now the rest of the world will find out about Westy's Wild World - hmmm I just noted that is WWW ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. See? I've said it before, "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!" lol. I did read that out of the original 9 that were missing, there are now only 3 missing, but they didn't mention the car driving by at the time. Could bring the number up again. Please keep us posted, Princess Dorrie. You are a celebrity now! Have a great day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks everyone!! haha, me a writer for CNN heehee

    I just checked and MY blog isn't coming up now... darn! or, good? lol I don't really need the advertising... I have YOU GUYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *Bowing regally*. Hi your royal Westy Highness. :-)

    It is a terrible thing this building collapse. I hope no-one was killed, and that the injured are not too seriously hurt. I visited Cologne while I was stationed in Germany. It is a beautiful city, and I know why it is one of your fav cities.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha, well done!

    I do hope everyone from the building is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They have been reporting on this in the aussie press too. Nice to be renowned isn;t it? have a great day and night. Maggs

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should have taken a screen shot and posted it. Very cool indeed. Scary, but cool.

    What's the latest update on the cave-in? On my side of the world all I'm seeing is Octo-Mom and the Chris Brown/Rihanna drama...and good old Casey "I didn't kill my daughter" Anthony

    Hope you're well :)

    ReplyDelete